- But Nixon refused to release his taxes and opposed an audit.
- The Opinion Pages | Why We Ask to See Candidates’ Tax Returns
- By donating his papers with a backdated deed, Nixon had slashed his tax bill drastically.
- The next month, White’s colleague at the Providence paper, Joseph Ungaro, asked Nixon about his taxes during his appearance at a newspaper editors’ conference in Florida.
- In his taxes for 1969, President Nixon indicated that four months before Congress acted, he had donated more than 1,000 boxes of documents to the National Archives.
Read the full article, click here.
@nicolewong: “Yes, taxes can be boring. But don’t drop the story about #TrumpTaxes. Why We Ask to See Candidates’ Tax Returns”
It’s because of President Nixon, who did turn out to be a “crook.”
Why We Ask to See Candidates’ Tax Returns