- Wearable technology is set to disrupt the world of money once more, as Barclaycard trials a contactless payments wristband.
- Money has been a part of human history for almost 3,000 years.
- The infographic below shows how money has developed from these early roots through to Apple’s instant iPhone payments and bitcoin – the world’s first decentralised crytocurrency.
- From the origins of bartering to modern money, this is how the system has evolved
- At the dawn of humanity, bartering was used in lieu of money to buy goods.
Read the full article, click here.
@HeartlandHPY: “While we’re experts on moving modern currency, we might have had some trouble with its predecessors.”
Money has been a part of human history for almost 3,000 years. From the
origins of bartering to modern money, this is how the system has evolved
The history of money: from barter to bitcoin