- Walmart Canada to stop accepting Visa cards due to ‘unacceptably high’ fees read comments
- Walmart is joining No Frills and Costco on the list of Canadian retailers who don’t accept Visa cards.
- Walmart Canada quietly made the announcement on Saturday that it would gradually stop accepting Visa cards at all of its locations, citing “unacceptably high” fees.
- Visa Canada said in a written statement that the company ‘regrets’ Walmart’s decision
- According to the statement posted on Walmart’s website, the first stores to stop accepting Visa will be in Thunder Bay, Ont., starting July 18.
Read the full article, click here.
@CryptoMoms: “#Walmart to stop taking #Visa in Canadian stores via @CBCNews #bitcoin #cryptocurrency”
Walmart says it intends to join the list of retailers in Canada that don’t accept Visa cards, citing high fees for transactions.
Walmart Canada to stop accepting Visa cards due to ‘unacceptably high’ fees