- There are many blockchains, as companies are born with different needs from a distributed ledger than those of Bitcoin.
- The company has gone through some changes since it was launched in 2013 , and the blockchain now forms a core part of its offering.
- Bitcoin is starting to look less important than the engine that drives it – the blockchain.
- The blockchain was developed as a means of creating digital property without the need for a central authority keeping track of who owns what.
- Bitcoin was the first technology to use the blockchain, but the currency is now starting to look a bit like the steam pumping engines invented in the 17th century.
Read the full article, click here.
@computerfutures: “Very interesting article on #blockchain in today’s @guardian #future #cf30”
Bitcoin hasn’t lived up to the salvation rhetoric, but the digital engine behind the currency may be about to change the world
Blockchain: the answer to life, the universe and everything?