- With a single bitcoin currently priced around $210 , Koch’s investment would be worth more than $1 million.
- An offhand $26 investment in bitcoins has turned into an $850,000 windfall for one very lucky Norwegian man.
- Koch reportedly had to scour his memory for the password to the encrypted wallet that held his investment.
- Koch is said to have discovered the virtual currency while writing a thesis on encryption and decided to put down a small investment out of sheer curiosity.
- Koch isn’t the only person who has benefitted from the rise in bitcoins’ worth and popularity.
Read the full article, click here.
@VVCBITCOINcom: “#ThrowbackThursday to that one time a $26 #bitcoin investment turned into a $850k windfall👉”
An offhand $26 investment in bitcoins has turned into an $850,000 windfall for one very lucky Norwegian man.
According to Norwegian news outlet NRK,
Norwegian Man Forgets About $26 Bitcoin Investment, Makes $850,000