- Jacob, now 8, said he does want to be president. “
- Mr. Philadelphia, now in Afghanistan for the State Department, said: “It’s important for black children to see a black man as president.
- In the photo that has hung in the West Wing for three years, President Obama looks to be bowing to 5-year-old Jacob Philadelphia, his arm raised to touch the president’s hair – to see if it feels like his.
- But one picture of President Obama remains after three years.
- In the photo, Mr. Obama looks to be bowing to a sharply dressed 5-year-old black boy, who stands erect beside the Oval Office desk, his arm raised to touch the president’s hair – to see if it feels like his.
Read the full article, click here.
@TVietor08: “This story by @calmesnyt tells the story of Obama’s photo with Jacob Philadelphia and why it meant so much to both:”
A photograph of a young black boy feeling President Obama’s hair has been on view in the West Wing for years.
Indelible Image of Boy’s Pat on Obama’s Head