- The Government new employs some of the UK’s best digital and technology talent across Whitehall and beyond.
- Tom Watson is deputy leader of the Labour Party and Shadow Minster for the Cabinet Office.
- While Cabinet members familiarise themselves with their new roles, the Government Digital Service (GDS) is under threat, with a Whitehall plan to undermine it already well advanced.
- Theresa May’s new Government must renew the Digital Service’s political mandate for this Parliament and beyond.
- The Digital Service has instituted a myriad of clever tricks that dramatically improve public services – like making the Minister responsible for a new initiative use it before it goes live.
Read the full article, click here.
@StephenPKendal: “Theresa May’s New Government must renew the Digital Service’s Political Mandate..!! #BREXIT #BLOCKCHAIN #GameChanger”
It is a classic Whitehall power grab carried out while the chaos caused by Brexit is still unfolding. While Cabinet members familiarise themselves with t…
Theresa May’s New Government Must Renew the Digital Service’s Political Mandate