- Maxwell and his team have a business interest in blocks staying small, because more people would need side chains.
- Bitcoin’s mainstream popularity has grown in fits and starts in recent years.
- Smith, Wright and some other key bitcoin developers want the blocks to be larger so more transactions can clear at the same time.
- Unlike Visa, bitcoin doesn’t have a central clearinghouse to process all transactions.
- Fans of bitcoin say the system, which tends to be a pet project of encryption wonks, could eventually rival Visa.
Read the full article, click here.
@WiproLPS: “The battle over the future of bitcoin via @guardian by @dannyyadron #FutureOfTechnology”
Billed as the future of democratized, digital money, the currency is now at the center of a conflict over how to develop technologies behind the system
The battle over the future of bitcoin