- On the video, the man walks calmly through crowds on West 48th Street, as calmly as a man can walk while lugging a very heavy and perhaps very valuable bucket that does not belong to him.
- But because the bucket is very heavy, the man keeps walking.
- Because the bucket is very heavy, the man walks slowly and pauses often.
- The bucket was left unattended when a guard went to the truck’s cab for a moment, the police said, and the man probably did not know what was in it.
- At Third Avenue and 48th Street, the police said, the man disappears.
The New York City police are seeking a man who grabbed a bucket off the back of a momentarily unattended armored truck in broad daylight and fled, very slowly, with $1.6 million worth of gold flakes.
Continue reading “No Rainbow, but Thief Finds a Bucket of Gold on West 48th Street”