- How blockchain can create the world’s biggest supercomputer
- Pogue’s Basics: Money – Buy gift cards for yourself, pay less for things
- Pogue’s Basics: Money – The kind of gift card everybody loves
- Pogue’s Basics: Money – Don’t pay for cable while you’re away
- What tech titans should say to Trump – and vice versa
As our desktop computers, laptops, mobile devices, etc. stand idly by for a huge portion of the day, the need for computing resources is growing at a fast pace. Large IoT ecosystems, machine learning and deep learning algorithms and other sophisticated solutions being deployed in every domain and industry are raising the demand for stronger cloud servers and more bandwidth to address the minute needs of enterprises and businesses. Blockchain, the distributed ledger that’s gaining traction across various domains, might have the answer to the dilemma by providing a platform that enables participants to lend and borrow computing resources — and make money in the process. “There is a growing demand for computing power from industries and scientific communities to run large applications and process huge volumes of data,” says Gilles Fedak, co-founder of iEx.ec, a distributed cloud computing platform.
Continue reading “How blockchain can create the world’s biggest supercomputer”