- The price of Bitcoin surpassed $5,000 for the first time, reaching a historic new high for the cryptocurrency, before quickly dipping back below the record-breaking mark.
- The cryptocurrency reportedly reached its highest market price of $5,149 thanks to Chinese bitcoin exchange OkCoin.
- The new record comes amid news that six big banks have joined a project developing a new settlement currency based on blockchain technology – the world’s leading software technology used by bitcoin, ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies.
- Originally started by UBS, the new currency could pioneer how central banks chose issue cryptocurrencies.
- “We see it as a stepping stone to a future where central banks issue their own [cryptocurrency] at some point,” UBS director Hyder Jaffrey told CoinDesk.
The price of Bitcoin surpassed $5,000 for the first time, reaching a historic new high for the cryptocurrency, before quickly dipping back below the record-breaking mark.
Continue reading “Bitcoin price surpasses $5,000 for first time — RT Business”
- The suddenly popular cryptocurrency has risen over 4000 percent in value over the last year.
- It’s now the second most popular cryptocurrency after bitcoin, and is worth billions of dollars.
- Invented in 2013 by 19-year-old Canadian programmer Vitalik Buterin, ethereum is more powerful than bitcoin, thanks to what are known as “smart contracts.”
- Smart contracts are what investors are really excited about, and have contributed to ethereum’s sharp rise in value.
- Check out our beginner’s guide to the cryptocurrency.
Watch a short explainer on the cryptocurrency’s steady rise.
Continue reading “Why the Value of Ethereum Has Skyrocketed 4000 Percent”
By Duncan Miriri NAIROBI (Reuters) – Kenya’s economy grew 5.8 percent last year, just above 5.7 percent growth the previous year but still slightly short of forecasts, the statistics office said on Wednesday. Government officials in the East African nation, which holds a general election in August
Continue reading “Kenya’s economy grew 5.8 percent in 2016, missing forecasts”
- – TWITTER CAMPAIGN – (UP TO 120,000 VSM)
Fill this form to receive the twitter bounty.
- The amount of reward is according to the following formula:
(0.01 VSM * followers) * 1 + (RTs/10)
We may refuse to reward the twitter bounty if we think the account is using bots or illegitimate followers.
– SIGNATURE CAMPAIGN – (UP TO 800,000 VSM)
You need to make at least 10 posts a week in order for bounties to count in that given week.
- and Member: 4,5 stakes per day
· Signature for Full member and Sr.
For Hero Members/Legendary Members:
Fill this form to receive the twitter bounty.The amount of reward is according to the following formula:(0.01 VSM * followers) * 1 + (RTs/10)We may refuse to reward the twitter bounty if we think the account is using bots or illegitimate followers.The tweet should include a mention to @voiseit and a couple hashtags related to music or cryptocurrency.Form: People participating: We’ll contact your email and agree on a fair reward.Form: People participating: We’ll contact the users who reserved translations and send them the plain text, they’ll send it translated back to us and we’ll edit the images.We’ll be rewarding 720 VSM for each translation and users who helped with translations will be named in the ANN.Join the VOISE public group here: Get 10 VSM just for joining the group.We’ll check if your username is in the group when we start rewarding bounties so don’t leave if you want your reward.Form: People participanting: You need to make at leasta week in order for bounties to count in that given week.
[ICO] VOISE – Decentralized music platform for independent artists
Continue reading “[ICO] VOISE”
- Note: The following contains spoilers if you have not seen Season 3, Episode 13 of CBS’s “The Good Wife,” entitled, “Bitcoin For Dummies.”
- One week — last week in particular — you’re giving viewers such juicy drama and wonderful character moments and the next, we have “Bitcoin For Dummies,” a rather slow, uneventful episode.
- In the end, there was no sole creator — turned out it was Stack and two others created Bitcoin, something the rascally Kalinda figured out much to the surprise of the three Mr. Bitcoins.
- From her parking garage exchange with Will to the looks of concern and longing for friendship towards Alicia, there were so many great Kalinda moments.
- The meeting between Elsbeth, Will and Kalinda was hilarious — thanks to Elsbeth — but very worrisome for Will.
Note: The following contains spoiler…
Continue reading “The Good Wife Recap: ‘Bitcoin For Dummies,’ Starring Kalinda’s Sad Puppy Eyes”
- Clare Hollingworth: The Reporter Who Broke the News of World War II
- Petar Zivkovski, director of operations at Bitcoin trader platform Whaleclub, told CoinDesk that the impact of this news remains to be seen.
- The news spurred a significant drop in bitcoin prices.
- Fort Lauderdale Shooter Initially Intended to Travel to New York Before Booking Florida Flight
- Around the time Fox News was settling an explosive lawsuit with former host Gretchen Carlson accusing ex-CEO Roger Ailes of sexual harassment, the top-rated cable news network quietly settled with another former host who reportedly accused one of its biggest stars, Bill O’Reilly, of sexual harassment.
The digital currency has seen notable volatility in the past month.
Continue reading “Bitcoin Prices Fall Following Possible Chinese Regulation”
- From the column ‘The VICE Guide to Right Now’
- almost any drug can be made at small scale for a low price.
- As part of a high school science project, 11 students at Sydney Grammar were tasked with trying to recreate Daraprim, the drug that Shkreli’s company Turing owns the exclusive rights to in the US.
- After purchasing the drug in 2015, Turing jacked the price from $18 a pill to $750, sparking public outrage.
- Watch: VICE Meets Martin Shkreli
A group of 16- and 17-year-old boys was able to recreate Daraprim for just $2 a pill.
Continue reading “A Bunch of High Schoolers Recreated Martin Shkreli’s Overpriced HIV Drug for $15”