- Over the past year, Australia has emerged as one of the world’s proponents for everything blockchain, including support from government officials and institutions – all in the height of what could be the most delicate and scrutinized stretch for the industry.
- In fact, back in March 2017, before the industry was at the forefront of the global media, the Australian government committed $350,000 in public funds over a four-year period to support the development of blockchain technologies.
- In early 2017, Horizon State tested the technology in for Australia’s MiVote membership, validating the technology with 4 nationally inclusive polls that committed thousands of votes to the Ethereum public blockchain.
- – Jamie Skella, Horizon State Co-Founder – – Best known as Australia’s first ICO, Perth-based Power Ledger, a solar energy trader,attracted over 15,000 buyers in an ICO that raised nearly $27 million USD – making it one of the most successful fundraises in the industry’s history.
- – Jemma Green, Power Ledger Co-Founder – – IBM has teamed up with many international banks, one of which being Australia’s National Australia Bank, to help speed up cross-border payments in remote places.
One word can be used to describe the state of blockchain and cryptocurrencies in Australia: progressive. Over the past year, Australia has emerged as one…
Continue reading “Australia: The Most Innovative Blockchain Adopter in the World?”
- “With absolute love and respect we decided to separate as a couple earlier this year,” the couple said in a joint statement to CNN.
- We are and will always be united in our support of each other and our family.”
- The couple frequently posted photos of their time together on social media and spoke affectionately about each other throughout their marriage.
- In a 2012 interview with Oprah Winfrey, Duhamel said there was “no question” his wife was the best thing that ever happened to him.
- Fergie called Duhamel her “partner in crime” and “soul mate.”
Pop star Fergie and actor Josh Duhamel have announced they are separating after eight years of marriage.
Continue reading “Fergie and Josh Duhamel announce separation”
- The new version of bitcoin, which supporters are calling “Bitcoin Cash,” is being pitched as a refuge for bitcoiners who want the virtual currency to scale up to worldwide adoption but who don’t agree with some of the more popular proposals to do so.
- This might surprise you if you’ve been following the “scaling debate,” an ongoing war of words between elements of the bitcoin community regarding how best to implement a code change that would allow the network to handle more transactions.
- For about two years, the bitcoin community has been careening towards the possibility of a fork that would split the network into two versions; one that will support the code change, and another that won’t.
- So, Bitcoin Cash is a new contingency plan intended to come into effect if on August 1 the network isn’t in agreement, causing instability.
- The “cash” part is a nudge-and-a-wink to people who believe that bitcoin should be a low-cost payment network for everybody, and that big blocks are the solution.
What is ‘Bitcoin Cash’?
Continue reading “Welp, Bitcoin Might Still Fork on August 1”
- Investing.com – Bitcoin remained at highs on Thursday, as sentiment spiked higher following growing expectations that a key proposal aimed at improving Bitcoin’s scaling capability would garner enough support, averting a potential split in the digital currency.
- On the U.S.-based GDAX exchange, Bitcoin rose to $2,659.0, up $400.9 or 17.86%, making up recent losses, after data on Monday showed 80% of Bitcoin’s mining power, including AntPool, BitClub, Bixin, BTC.com and BitFury, have signaled support for proposal Segwit2x, which would allow the bitcoin network to scale more efficiently.
- Ethereum followed bitcoin’s move higher, rising to $225.41, up 8.89%.
- Despite the recent rally, following its collapse to $130.26 on Sunday, Ethereum remained well below its all-time high of $419.3.
- The dip in Ethereum from its all-time high has seen its market capitalization fall to $20 billion, well below bitcoin’s $43 billion, reducing investor expectations that Ethereum would be the alternative digital currency that usurps bitcoin as the best capitalized cryptocurrency.
Investing.com – Bitcoin remained at highs on Thursday, as sentiment spiked higher following growing expectations that a key proposal aimed at improving Bitcoin’s scaling capability would garner enough support, averting a potential split in the digital currency.
Continue reading “Bitcoin at highs as fears over potential split ease”
- With the markets and the traders getting busy in dealing with the volatility in the fiat currencies, the bitcoin traders have been unable to spend too much of their focus on bitcoin for now and the sheen seems to have been lost from the bitcoin in the short term.
- We believe that it will only be a short term phenomenon and that the focus will be back in the bitcoin prices in the short and medium term and we should then be ready for the next leg of the bull run.
- It has to be understood that the global trading dynamics also have a large impact on the bitcoin trading and it is also believed that the gold prices have an impact on bitcoin and with these taken into consideration, it is understandable to see the bitcoin bulls struggling to push the prices higher during this time.
- This can be seen in the choppy kind of trading that we are seeing in the bitcoins over the last few days and this is likely to last during the short term.
- The confidence of the traders also seem to have been dented a bit by the large and unexpected drop in the prices of ethereum to a fraction of their value a couple of weeks back and it is likely to take some time for it to regain the confidence of the traders.
Bitcoin prices continued to consolidate and range, as we have been mentioning in our forecasts over the last few days. With the markets and the traders getting busy in dealing with the volatility in the fiat currencies, the bitcoin traders have been unable to spend too much of their focus on bitcoin
Continue reading “Bitcoin and Ethereum Price Forecast – Consolidation Is the Name of the Game”
Subscribe to the World Crypto Network! http://worldcryptonetwork.com Thank you for your support! Check out the Videos from the show: HunterCoin (HUC) Launche…
Continue reading “World Crypto Network celebrates 1,000,000 Views!”
A virtual reality world driven by blockchain technology is in its final stages of development, in what could be a significant development for the technology. Dubbed the ‘Bronze Age’ of its development by those behind the project, this virtual world has been unveiled, complete with its own blockchain
Continue reading “VR Blockchain Worlds in Final Stages of Development”