- Bitcoin fell below $4,000 on Wednesday with negative comments from major business leaders about the cryptocurrency and the threat of a regulatory crackdown, unnerving investors.
- At its lowest point on Wednesday, bitcoin was over $1,000 off the all-time high of 5,013.91 hit on September 2.
- Bitcoin’s total market capitalization or value has fallen around $15.5 billion in this time from $82.28 billion on September 2 to $66.74 billion on Wednesday, according to Coinmarketcap data.
- Investors have been jittery in the past few days mainly due to numerous media reports suggesting that Chinese authorities are looking to shut down some bitcoin exchanges.
- On Wednesday, India’s central bank said it had been looking into cryptocurrencies as legal tender.
Investors are jittery because Chinese regulators are threatening to crack down on some exchanges.
Continue reading “Bitcoin has seen $15.5 billion wiped off its value in 11 days since it hit an all-time high”