- CBS joins several other networks for a telethon fundraiser to benefit victims of Hurricane Harvey in a one-hour special, called “Hand in Hand: A Benefit for Hurricane Harvey Relief.”
- Tuesday night’s “Hand in Hand” broadcast featured CBS News’ Norah O’Donnell who was in Houston covering Harvey in its immediate aftermath.
- Proceeds from the telethon will benefit several charities including United Way of Greater Houston, Habitat for Humanity, Save the Children, Direct Relief, Feeding Texas and The Mayor’s Fund for Hurricane Harvey Relief (administered by the Greater Houston Community Fund).
- Rachael Ray announced she’s donating $1 million to help with animal rescue efforts in wake of Hurricane Harvey.
- Celebrities described the widespread devastation that struck Texas and showed a picture of rescuers who formed a human chain during one Harvey rescue.
Celebrities from across the entertainment world help raise funds to benefit several charities for Hurricane Harvey relief
Continue reading ““Hand in Hand” benefit concert, Hurricane Harvey telethon — live”