- Romania’s government refuses to quit despite dropping corruption amnesty in face of mass protests
- McConnell calls Putin a ‘thug’ but refuses to criticize Trump
- When O’Reilly described Putin as “a killer,” Trump said the United States has killers too.
- Trump, When Asked About Putin, Says US Isn’t ‘So Innocent’
- “There are a lot of killers,” Trump said.
Dubai, one of the world’s largest trading hubs, has linked up with IBM to launch a scheme using blockchain computing technology to process transactions and keep track of goods being shipped, IBM said on Tuesday. The initiative will provide real-time information about the state of goods and the status
Continue reading “Dubai government, companies team up with IBM on blockchain project”
- Mr Matonis said that while human nature meant many remained sceptical about trusting Bitcoin because it was not backed by government, the new currency would endure. “
- “Half of the world’s population is unbanked,” said Mr Matonis. “
- “In five short years Bitcoin has issued 12m units valued at $6bn,” said Mr Matonis.
- “No other virtual currency has ever done that in the history of modern economics.
- The Bitcoin Foundation is a lobbying group founded in 2012 that is aiming to “standardise, protect and promote” the use of bitcoin, but Mr Matonis claimed that countries such as Argentina were already adopting virtual currencies widely as trust in government declined and inflation rates increased.
Virtual currency Bitcoin is approaching a tipping point, the Institute of
Directors heard today at its annual convention
Continue reading “Video: ‘Bitcoin will become the new gold’”
- “We are going to fight for every vote in this state, and with this state, we’re going to win it,” Clinton said Tuesday in Charlotte.
- The Orlando terrorist shooting last month further postponed Obama’s first campaign event, as the President grew increasingly revved up to appear alongside Clinton, according to aides.
- Obama’s push for Clinton comes after months of waiting.
- The President, Democrats believe, can rouse voters not clamoring for Clinton.
- Starting with his first in-person call for Clinton’s election on Tuesday, Clinton aides hope the second-term President will serve as a validating voice that can vouch for Clinton’s character, fitness and qualifications.
Read the full article, click here.
@CNN: “Speaking about economic policies, President Obama says GOP has been “blocking these ideas””
President Barack Obama made his 2016 debut on the campaign trail Tuesday, deploying the same star power that he used eight years ago to defeat Hillary Clinton to now make a powerful case for his former rival — all just hours after FBI Director James Comey brutally slammed Clinton’s State Department email practices.
Obama campaigns with Clinton following FBI decision
- “We cannot allow that to happen,” the governor said , adding that, “If you boycott against Israel, New York will boycott you.
- N.Y. / Region | Cuomo to Halt State Business With Groups That Back Boycott of Israel
- Alphonso David, the counsel to the governor, said that the executive order was specifically aimed at the B.D.S. movement launched in 2005, but that it would apply to any boycott targeting Israel.
- Mr. Cuomo’s signed the executive order just before he marched in the Celebrate Israel parade in New York.
- Several states have moved to support Israel and prevent their governments and agencies from doing business with companies or individuals that endorse the boycotts.
Read the full article, click here.
@theIMEU: “NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo issues anti-BDS executive order, then joins Celebrate Israel parade”
The executive order, which will apply to agencies in the New York governor’s administration, is meant to show support for Israel amid a Palestinian-backed economic campaign.
Cuomo to Halt State Business With Groups That Back Boycott of Israel