- The price of bitcoin has been surging in recent months.
- Bitcoin is famously volatile – few can predict with any certainty where it will go from here and many believe we’re in the middle of a bubble – but one thing’s certain: if you’d invested five years ago you’d be doing very well for yourself now.
- There are two main ways to get hold of bitcoin – buying an expensive supercomputer (with a whopping electricity bill to match), and using it to “mine” bitcoins, the process of solving the cryptographic codes that keep the entire network running.
- Buying bitcoins used to be a complicated affair – long waits, massive fees and foreign websites.
- Now there are a number of consumer-friendly websites for buying and selling not only bitcoin, but etherium and other cryptocurrencies.
The price of bitcoin has been surging in recent months.
Continue reading “How can I buy bitcoin in the UK?”