- Earlier this year Google’s British AI division DeepMind announced the launch of a blockchain like ledger for managing healthcare data.
- The tokens, known as PTY, will be traded via a secure, closed loop ledger system that aims to connect up all parties in the healthcare ecosystem to allow for the exchange of health data within a highly-secure, blockchain powered health information exchange (HIE).
- The company believe that their use of blockchain will encourage providers to offer better care to patients, whilst also adopting innovative practices that join up care more effectively through the sharing of patient data.
- Using blockchain technology, Patientory encrypts medical patient information in hospitals and insurance companies so that it is not centralized data, but it is distributed, thus meeting HIPAA Security Rules.
- We are certainly in the midst of a digital health revolution however, and whilst I’m not sure that blockchain will play an inevitable role in providing secure and patient centered data, it will it seems inevitably play its part in our move in that direction.
Earlier this year Google’s British AI division DeepMind announced the launch of a blockchain like ledger for managing healthcare data. The aim is t…
Continue reading “The Move Towards Healthcare Blockchains”