- But traditional graphics cards are not especially well-suited to the cryptocurrency mining gold rush.
- The solution may well be on the way, in the form of graphics cards made specifically for cryptocurrency miners.
- There are now two such cards listed on the website of PC component maker ASUS: the MINING GP106-6G and the MINING RX470-4G.
- The product page claims that the GP106-6G, “enhances the megahash rate by up to 36% compared cards in the same segment that are not tailored for mining.”
- AMD’s graphics cards have long been the preferred choice for cryptocurrency miners.
A pair of ASUS cards with few or no display outputs and heavy-duty cooling may be just what the miners are after.
Continue reading “GPU Makers Are Now Specifically Targeting Ethereum And Bitcoin Miners”