- While this isn’t completely unusual – the market goes offline for maintenance sometimes – users have started speculating that the downtime could be linked to huge Bitcoin transactions that have reportedly been made from AlphaBay’s accounts.
- Some Reddit and Twitter users are claiming that AlphaBay’s admins may have shut the market down, in order to steal from its users.
- It took the alphabay moderators days to update people on what was going on too, they’re known to do this.
- A separate post by SarahLKJSGDHF reads: “Yes, [the Bitcoin transaction is] large, and yes, it looks suspicious.
- Evolution, another major drug market, closed down in 2015, with its operators making off with $12 million worth of users’ Bitcoin.
A major Dark Web marketplace where people can buy illegal goods, such as drugs and guns, has gone offline without explanation. AlphaBay, which has been dubbed “the new Silk Road”, went down earlier today.
Continue reading “AlphaBay: Dark Web drugs marketplace mysteriously goes offline sparking fears of a major heist”