- Looking at the stock from large online lending companies like Lending Club or OnDeck, one can imagine how failed earning projections and scandal after public scandal would shake the confidence of even the most savvy investment group.
- Big banks are unabashedly against the online lending industry because they cannot control the flow of money and the exodus of customers no longer entering brick and mortar branches leaves ghost branches totally void of borrowers.
- Even as banks struggle with their own credibility and relevance, they still carry a big stick, lobby for regulation, and create obstacles for the online lenders at every corner.
- The evolutionary idea of NOT collecting personal information at the point of customer entry helps banks bypass the fear of litigation because they are not obtaining personal information from a 3rd party site.
- Apply the Google Model to online lending and you have a crazy, yet evolutionary idea that brings in a fast adoption rate.
FinTech was once the hottest new industry in the world but now, on its face, appears to be cooling down. Looking at the stock from large online lending c…
Continue reading “FinTech Is Not Dying; It Is Evolving”