- While not exactly Lincoln vs. Douglas, perma-gold bull Peter Schiff squared off against Bitcoin bull Brian Kelly in a lively, no-holds-barred debate about what is the better investment on Monday’s “Fast Money” on CNBC.
- Bitcoin “is digital fool’s gold — today’s bitcoin could be tomorrow’s Beanie Babies,” said Schiff, who serves as CEO of Euro Pacific Capital.
- Bitcoin hit an all-time high on Monday; gold is up 9 percent in 2017.
- However, “Fast Money” trader Brian Kelly believes the prospects in gold pale in comparison to the opportunities that Bitcoin will soon offer “Bitcoin is more than digital gold,” explained Kelly.
- Furthermore, Kelly views Bitcoin as a platform wherein global financial systems will undergo major “Not since the internet has so much been built on top of a platform,” exclaimed Kelly.
Peter Schiff takes on Brian Kelly over whether gold or bitcoin is the better investment.
Continue reading “Bitcoin bug calls out Peter Schiff’s gold infatuation”