- Two years ago, we decided to open a new company, Grid Singularity, with the purpose of further developing the blockchain technology suitable for energy markets.
- A. Bitcoin, which is a currency, was the first use of blockchain technology and is the most well-known.
- Blockchain technology reduces transaction costs by keeping a single logical copy of transaction records.
- It is a non-profit organisation whose mission is to accelerate the commercial deployment of blockchain technology in the energy sector and fund the development of core technology.
- The internet is only a copy of existing business models, but blockchain means you can exchange information or contracts peer-to-peer, it’s a direct challenge to companies like Google.
A. I was a mechanical engineer, and worked for the energy group ABB in Austria for six years. I first dived into blockchain five years ago, working with bitcoin mining, and then I supported the development of Ethereum which received $18m in crowdfunding and then took one and a half years to build. It is still so far the most advanced blockchain platform. Two years ago, we decided to open a new company, Grid Singularity, with the purpose of further developing the blockchain technology suitable for energy markets.
Continue reading “Blockchain: Green building blocks”