- Uber CEO Travis Kalanick Stepping Down From Trump Economic Advisory Council
- Uber CEO Travis Kalanick is resigning from President Donald Trump’s economic advisory council, according to the company.
- The taxi drivers were striking in solidarity with the thousands of protesters gathered there to demonstrate against Trump’s immigration ban.
- “Immigration and openness to refugees is an important part of our country’s success and quite honestly to Uber’s,” he said. “
- Inside Out – The implicit assumption that Uber (or I) was somehow endorsing the Administration’s agenda has created a perception-reality gap between who people think we are, and who we actually are.
In a memo to employees, Kalanick said he didn’t want his presence to be seen as endorsing the president or his agenda.
Continue reading “Uber CEO Travis Kalanick Stepping Down From Trump Economic Advisory Council”
- Watch Justin Bieber Cover Tracy Chapman & Tupac for Live Lounge
- Bieber hits BBC Radio 1 to take on his favorite tunes
- Justin Bieber may be living the fast life, but sometimes, he just likes to slow down.
- When he hit up BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge, he covered Chapman, along with Tupac ‘s “Thugz Mansion.”
- When visiting New York City you got to see a Broadway play and Dinah of Fifth Harmony did just that!
Watch Justin Bieber cover Tracy Chapman’s “Fast Car” and Tupac’s “Thugz Mansion” at BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge.
Continue reading “Watch Justin Bieber Cover Tracy Chapman & Tupac at BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge”
- It was the Argentine capital where the platform was first rolled out in 2012 alongside a political group, the Net Party, which is committed to policies voted for on the DemocracyOS app.
- Although the Net Party didn’t win any seats in its first election in 2013, the app was trialled by the Argentine Congress where it had some remarkable successes. “
- DemocracyOS isn’t the only platform that would-be reformers such as Pane can choose from.
- Pane had been thinking about his own idea for a system of digital democracy for the past few years, since he first heard about DemocracyOS. He decided to contact Pia Mancini directly and she put him in touch with British model-turned-entrepreneur Lily Cole.
- There’s no point in trying to reinvent the wheel,” he says, “when I can use DemocracyOS and champion this platform in the UK faster.
Read the full article, click here.
@lechappeevolee: “Les hacktivistes rebattent les cartes de la démocratie Le talk @santisiri #echappee16”
At the front of a packed auditorium, a young woman is speaking eloquent English in an Argentinian accent. She’s telling her audience about 19th-century politics and explaining how the phrase “no taxation without representation” came to be coined. She isn’t a university lecturer, and her subject isn’t history. Her name is Pia Mancini, a technology revolutionary who is demanding an end to democracy as we know it.
‘Hactivists’ are trying to reboot democracy from the bottom up with interactive voting apps