- Stocks down and lower for the week for the time since September as hopes for tax reform has the street concerned.
- And – earnings…scandals… and possible government interference?
- Just another week in the world of media.
- Stocks in the red include Redfin as the real estate brokerage site missed on both profit and revenue, Finish Line as Cowen downgrades shares to underperform citing concerns over margins, and Nordstrom – despite an earnings beat, comp sales missed estimates as the department store operator claimed the hurricanes hurt…
- Stocks in the green today include Esko Bionics on its partnership with Ford to use the company’s exoskeletons for factory workers, JC Penney as the retailer beat on revenue and comp sales, and Nvidia – yes shares surging again to a new all-time high as the chipmaker easily beat on…
Stocks down and lower for the week for the time since September as hopes for tax reform has the street concerned. Plus – the world’s biggest shopping day is here – we have the latest on China’s Singles Day. And – earnings…scandals… and possible government interference? Just another week in the world
Continue reading “Stocks down for the week for the first time since September [Video]”
- Just a day after JPMorgan Chase chief Jamie Dimon said he wouldn’t talk about bitcoin, he issued new remarks about the cryptocurrency.
- Just a day after declaring on a third-quarter earnings call that he would refrain commenting on the cryptocurrency, the JPMorgan Chase CEO offered a critical take on those investing in bitcoin.
- Per CNBC, Dimon also reportedly said that he “could care less about what [price] bitcoin trades at.”
- The remarks are the latest from Dimon, whose now-infamous comment in September that bitcoin is a “fraud” sparked a wave of commentary about bitcoin itself as well as the wider cryptocurrency market.
- His comments also come on the day that bitcoin’s price rose above $5,800 to hit a new all-time high.
Just a day after JPMorgan Chase chief Jamie Dimon said he wouldn’t talk about bitcoin, he issued new remarks about the cryptocurrency.
Continue reading “At It Again: Dimon Breaks Vow, Says Bitcoin Buyers Will ‘Pay the Price’”
- Stocks are slightly up at the midday mark, with the S&P 500 (^GSPC, SPY) making a new all-time high, and with the Dow Industrials (^DJI, DIA) and the Nasdaq (^IXIC, QQQ) chasing their all-time highs.
- Alan Valdes, director of floor operations at Silverbear, joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange.
- To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance’s Rick Newman, Justine Underhill and Yahoo Finance tech critic David Pogue.
- Yahoo Finance’s Dan Roberts also interviews Brian Cristiano, founder and CEO of BOLD Worldwide about the future of sports advertising.
Yahoo Finance’s LIVE market market coverage and analysis of stocks and bonds begins each day at 11:45 a.m. ET.
Continue reading “Stocks on track for 3-day rally as S&P 500 makes new record high”