- Lev Loginov, co-founder of property investment company London Wall, which bought the property in 2013, is hoping paying for property in bitcoin could be the future.
- He said that the company has a pipeline of properties that will go on the market and only be available to buy in bitcoin.
- Loginov’s broader thought is that property ownership records can be transformed with blockchain technology.
- “It will have to be a specialist blockchain for property.
- For example, the tax on the property that will be paid to the government after the sale could be a couple of million pounds.
The £17 million price tag equates to over 4,000 bitcoin at Friday’s price.
Continue reading “A $24 million mansion is going on sale in London — but you can only buy it in bitcoin”
- Scott Stevenson was pretty uneasy the first time be bought Bitcoin.
- Think of it as digital cash – in a sense, Stevenson was right to call it “computer cash” or “internet money.”
- Bitcoin value changes when a new coin is “released” into the network.
- People tend to be attracted to Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency systems like Ethereum because there is no central regulator.
- Most people with regular jobs, said Stevenson, aren’t going to have the time (or the nerves) to check in on the coin market multiple times a day.
How it is and isn’t like regular currency, and what to consider if you’re thinking of investing.
Continue reading “Finally! A primer on cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) you will actually get, promise”
It’s been a crazy year for bitcoin. Not only has it comfortably surpassed the $4,000 mark, it’s now accepted by a variety of major online retailers – eve…
Continue reading “Will Cryptocurrencies Ever Overtake Cash?”
- In order to access our website, your browser must accept cookies from NYTimes.com.
- More information on cookie settings »
Ledger Holdings, the New York-based parent company of bitcoin options exchange LedgerX, said on Monday it closed $11.4 million in funding led by Miami International Holdings Inc and China’s Huiyin Blockchain Venture Investments.
Continue reading “Bitcoin Options Exchange Raises $11.4 Million in Funding”
- A new fan theory about “Willy Wonka the Chocolate Factory” suggests that the golden tickets in the movie weren’t handed out at random, as we thought.
- The Redditor surmises that to pull this off, Wonka secretly had someone working for him: Bill, the guy running the candy shop.
- Wonka instructs Bill to give the last ticket to a local kid, a poor kid, an unselfish kid.
- As the Redditor told HuffPost, “I saw the movie a few times recently and realized that Wonka employs Slugworth, and if Wonka did have another agent, he probably would be the candy shop owner in town.
- It also works with another “Chocolate Factory” theory that suggests Wonka had Bill and four other candy shop owners pick who got the tickets.
It’s even better than a golden ticket.
Continue reading “This Theory Will Change How You See ‘Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory’”
- Blockchain crowdfunding might just be the next step in startup evolution, helping important and interesting projects come to fruition.
- This allows them to raise funds from early investors, while the investors also have the potential to make money if the value of their cryptographic shares increases.
- It also has the potential to boost new blockchain platforms, because it will give the blockchain community a new way to fund its own projects.
- OpenLedger is one of the numerous projects that are popping up to apply blockchain technology to the field of crowdfunding.
- CCEDK will hold the money in escrow, which allows companies to access much-needed funds and also reduces the risks for investors.
In the last few years, sites like Kickstarter and Indiegogo have revolutionized the world for startups. Ideas that didn’t have mainstream business …
Continue reading “Crowdfunding & Blockchain: A Perfect Match?”
- The Federal Reserve, World Bank, big banks and virtually all major international financial institutions have created a broken system that steers wealth from the middle class into the coffers of big corporations.
- Despite trillions of dollars that make up the flow of the global financial system, simply by moving money, money quickly finds it’s way in the pockets of governments and corporations.
- In recent years, more than any other time in history, consumers are beholden to the imbalances and inequities of the financial markets around them.
- This broken financial system has undermined the lives of working and middle class citizens around the world, destroyed families and collapsed entire economies.
- TokenCard allows everyday consumers to spend their Ethereum and ERC20 tokens at VISA® terminals, which are present in virtually every country around the world.
The global financial markets are broken. For all of recent history, our livelihoods have been beholden to the economics of a financial market that does n…
Continue reading “Ethereum based TokenCard is a Game-Changer for Global Financial Markets”