- Bitcoin prices have been surging, sending its market cap past a $100 billion as more people are becoming believers in the value of this cryptocurrencey.
- When asked about bitcoin, Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin said he is primarily concerned about its use for illicit purposes.
- “The first issue and the most important issue is to make sure that people can’t use bitcoin for illicit activities.
- So we want to make sure that you don’t have the dark web funded in bitcoins.
- For more from Secretary Mnuchin, please see: – – Please also see: – – Benioff: Companies like Facebook and Twitter must take ‘full responsibility’ for what they’ve created – – Marc Benioff: We can’t leave anyone behind during the ‘fourth industrial revolution’ – – Mellody Hobson: Diversity isn’t about do-gooderism—it’s…
Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin speaks to Yahoo Finance on bitcoin.
Continue reading “Mnuchin: We are looking ‘very carefully’ at bitcoin”