- The $2.3 trillion investor announced on Wednesday a partnership between its Fidelity Labs, the firm’s innovation center, and Coinbase, the cryptocurrency exchange serving nearly 9 million customers.
- As part of the partnership, Coinbase users will be able to view their bitcoin, ethereum, and litecoin holdings alongside their other accounts in their Fidelity Portfolio.
- “We are trying to create the best customer experience,” Hadley Stern, managing director at Fidelity Labs, told Business Insider.
- Donations made in bitcoin to Fidelity Charitable, a $16 billion donor-advised philanthropic fund, grew to about $9 million in the first half of 2017.
- Fidelity’s CEO Abigail Johnson is a bitcoin enthusiast.
Fidelity is testing out a new service to help make life easier for its clients who invest in…
Continue reading “Fidelity, the $2.3 trillion investment giant, is testing out a new cryptocurrency service”
- Tea Uglow’s story about a disintegrating life has been built to be literally deconstructed, with readers required to make small edits to the book’s text, as it passes from one owner to the next.
- Owners must add one word and remove two from each of the story’s 21 pages and are stopped from moving forward through the book until they’ve made the required interventions.
- These changes are stored on a permanent, public record using Blockchain, the technology that underpins bitcoin – and the process begins again, with each new owner altering the book they are given, adding and subtracting words as they see fit.
- Uglow, who is also creative director of the Google Creative Labs team in Sydney, says the idea for A Universe Explodes came from the realisation that while “in the ‘real’ world a shared book will fall to pieces, pages rip, words smudge”, readers left no fingerprint when they shared electronic ebooks – because they did not actually own an object, just a licence to read it.
- A gradually disintegrating book seems just right for a story circling around questions of inheritance and loss, happiness and dust, and Uglow’s original has enough punch to cut through the unfamiliar technology.
On each page of A Universe Explodes by Tea Uglow, owners are required to add one word and remove two – which amounts to an odd reading experience
Continue reading “Make it your hone: the ebook that you are forced to edit as you read”
- The rise of the smartphone and apps such as Instagram and Snapchat mean traditional measures of growth are no longer fit for purpose, according to Google’s chief economist.
- Hal Varian said the global nature of modern supply chains meant statisticians were miscounting growth in GDP and productivity.
- “I think GDP is larger and productivity is larger than indicated [by the data],” he said.
- Mr Varian urged politicians to look at other ways of measuring growth and welfare than the commonly used measure of GDP.
The rise of the smartphone and apps such as Instagram and Snapchat mean traditional measures of growth are no longer fit for purpose, according to Google’s chief economist.
Continue reading “GDP ‘not fit for purpose’ in digital age, says Google”
- We centralise cryptocurrency news, information & trends.
- To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, this account is temporarily locked.
- Whether you’re a hardcore cryptocurrency trader, or a hobbyist, we hope to give you all the latest cryptocurrency information at your fingertips.
- Our army of bots scraping the web every 2-5 can save you hours, allowing you to get on with life and spend more time doing the things you love.
- Scouring the net 24/7 & archiving huge amounts of data, we hope to help bring all your cryptocurrency research into one, easy to use site.
We centralise cryptocurrency news, information & trends. Scouring the net 24/7 & archiving huge amounts of data, we hope to help bring all your cryptocurrency research into one, easy to use site.
Continue reading “CryptScout”
- Investor’s Business Daily’s Bill Peters explains.
- Blockchain, Explained: How It Could Impact A Wide Range Of Industries
- Options Insight: How to Trade Seadrill Sponsored Bloomberg Video
- Weight Watchers stock spikes after Oprah reveals 40-pound weight loss
- Often associated with digital currency bitcoin, the shared record-keeping technology is now being explored by banks like JPMorgan (JPM) and Bank of America (BAC).
What is blockchain, and why does it matter? Often associated with digital currency bitcoin, the shared record-keeping technology is now being explored by banks like JPMorgan (JPM) and Bank of America (BAC). Investor’s Business Daily’s Bill Peters explains.
Continue reading “Blockchain, Explained: How It Could Impact A Wide Range Of Industries [Video]”
- Jaden Smith Is Very Aware That No One Really Understands Him
- Jaden Smith arrives at Variety’s Power Of Young Hollywood at NeueHouse Hollywood on Aug. 16, 2016 in Los Angeles, California.
- “I’ve always looked at life differently,” the 18-year-old told Variety in a recent interview.
- Smith embraces his unique outlook on life when it comes to his style â which garnered him a spot in Louis Vuitton’s spring/summer 2016 womenswear campaign â as well.
- The actor covers the Power of Young Hollywood issue.
Read the full article, click here.
@cambio: “Jaden Smith opens up about when he knew he was different from all the “other kids””
It’s Jaden’s world and we’re just living in it.
Jaden Smith Is Very Aware That No One Really Understands Him
- Since bitcoin addresses are anonymous, rekcahxfb could theoretically send the coins to an address they posted in the comments while pretending to be just another commenter hoping to win the lottery without any concrete link being drawn between the two.
- Rekcahxfb posted a message and cryptographic signature to go along with the bitcoin address in their post , and when checked against each other with a tool to verify bitcoin signatures, they returned a green “verified” notification.
- There main theory posited by skeptical commenters is that rekcahxfb, whoever they are, ultimately plans on sending the coins to themselves .
- Motherboard reached out to rekcahxfb and hasn’t received a response.
- Who rekcahxfb is, or why they want to give away coins now while pinning it on the Bitfinex hacker, is a mystery.
Read the full article, click here.
@el33th4xor: “Excellent overview of the $600,000 bitcoin giveaway.”
“Please be my Robin Hood.”
A Bizarre $600K Bitcoin Giveaway Is Most Likely a Twisted Fake Lottery