- After achieving all-time highs, the three major indices are looking to start the day on a down note.
- This comes as investors have major concerns about the price and shipping date for Apple’s new iPhone X. Yahoo Finance’s Alexis Christoforous, Jared Blikre, Justine Underhill, Rick Newman and Ethan Wolff-Mann discuss these and the other big stories we’re covering today.
Yahoo Finance’s LIVE market coverage and analysis of what you need to watch in the stock market begins each day at 9:25 a.m. ET.
Continue reading “Market Movers: Yahoo Finance breaks down early market action [Video]”
- Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) struggle for gains as retail leads the way.
- Stocks ending the day in the red include fast casual chain Zoe’s Kitchen after revenue and same store sales missed expectations, homebuilding company Beazer Homes on a downgrade to market underperform at JPMorgan, and GameStop.
- Shares of the the video game retailer sinking despite a beat on earnings and revenue, as net income decreased from a year-ago.
- Meanwhile, stocks powering higher include Deckers Outdoor as the footwear company posted a big EPS beat and strong forward guidance, enterprise technology company Nutanix as earnings and revenue came in ahead of Street estimates, and Ulta Beauty.
- Shares of the beauty retailer higher on strong earnings with same-store sales rising 14.3%.
Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) struggle for gains as retail leads the way. Can the bulls sustain the momentum into the long weekend? Catch The Final Round at 4 p.m. with Jen Rogers and Yahoo Finance reporters Myles Udland, Jared Blikre and Dan Roberts. Winners and losers
Continue reading “Stocks mixed as investors gear up for long weekend [Video]”