- First Independent Audit of Pretty Easy Privacy Tool Reveals Four Critical Bugs
- The first of the audits has been completed successfully and was conducted by German company SektionEins.
- Once the audit was completed, the Outlook-version of Pretty Easy Privacy received an update.
- Pretty Easy Privacy, an open-sourced tool focusing on promoting encrypted communication, will be released to the public in the coming months.
- The Pretty Easy Privacy tool, which focuses on encrypted communication, has gone through its first audit.
Privacy and security are two topics that have gained importance as of late. Albeit Internet users should have respected these values quite some time ago, it has taken several data breaches and other hacks before consumers saw the light at the end of the tunnel. The Pretty Easy Privacy tool, which focuses on encrypted communication, has gone through its first audit.
Continue reading “First Independent Audit of Pretty Easy Privacy Tool Reveals Four Critical Bugs – The Merkle”
- Detection vans can identify viewing on a non-TV device in the same way that they can detect viewing on a television set Sir Amyas Morse, National Audit Office
- BBC to deploy detection vans to snoop on internet users
- The BBC insists that its inspectors will not be able to spy on other internet browsing habits of viewers.
- The BBC is to launch a new generation of detection vans to identify viewers illicitly watching its programmes online Credit: Carl Court/Getty Images
- “BBC staff were able to demonstrate this to my staff in controlled conditions sufficient for us to be confident that they could detect viewing on a range of non-TV devices.”
Read the full article, click here.
@hackerfantastic: “The UK now proposes to send a private company Gestapo and sniff your networks from vans in case you watch IPTV”
The BBC is to spy on internet users in their homes by deploying a new generation of Wi-Fi detection vans to identify those illicitly watching its programmes online.
BBC to deploy detection vans to snoop on internet users