- This includes advice related to advancements of Bitt services, including the use of bitcoin and other digital currencies.
- Moreover, the Caribbean has been introduced to convenient bitcoin wallet services.
- PwC Partner Oliver Jordan commented on this MOU as follows:
“We have agreed to work alongside Bitt on future institutional blockchain technology implementations by, for example, central banks, commercial banks and government institutions throughout the region because not only does blockchain offer the promise of cost reduction and efficiency, but it could also enable revenue growth, and higher-quality service.
- Across the PwC Global network, we have already seen enormous potential for blockchain to deliver substantial value to financial services – and we intend to continue to lead the way across the financial services landscape in the Caribbean.”
- Additionally, there is tremendous potential for blockchain technology in the financial services industry.
The future of bitcoin is looking bright in Barbados right now. Bitt, a local fintech company, signed a memorandum of understanding with PwC. As a result, b
Continue reading “PwC And Bitt Partner Up To Improve Bitcoin and Blockchain Presence In The Caribbean ⋆ Epeak . Independent news and blogs”
- But the transformational nature of artificial intelligence requires new metrics of success for our profession.
- This year alone at least 1 billion people will be touched in some way by artificial intelligence, which is transforming everything from financial services to transportation, energy, education and retail.
- And why IBM is a founding member of the Partnership on AI, a collaboration among Google, Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple and many scientific and nonprofit organizations charged with guiding the development of artificial intelligence to the benefit of society.
- Opportunity: Developers of AI applications should accept the responsibility of enabling students, workers and citizens to take advantage of every opportunity in the new economy powered by cognitive systems.
- They should help them acquire the skills and knowledge to engage safely, securely and effectively in a relationship with cognitive systems, and to perform the new kinds of work and jobs that will emerge in a cognitive economy.
By Guru Banavar, IBM’s Chief Science Officer for Cognitive Computing
I am a computer scientist and engineer, inspired by the art of the possible an…
Continue reading “The Science of AI and the Art of Social Responsibility”
- Bank of England Seeks Digital Currency Research Lead
- The Bank of England may have time on its side.
- The Bank of England is on the hunt for an economist to spearhead its research into a central bank-issued digital currency.
- The Bank of England has released new research suggesting a central bank-issued digital currency could lead to an increase in GDP.
- If you have a news tip, please email us at [email protected] .
Read the full article, click here.
@coindesk: “The Bank of England is on the hunt for an economist to research a central bank-issued digital currency.”
The Bank of England is on the hunt for an economist to spearhead its research into a central bank-issued digital currency.
Bank of England Seeks Digital Currency Research Lead
- Forde suggested that Hillary Clinton’s recent policy goals for technology and innovation and the use of blockchain government applications is a “positive step forward” in achieving its goals.
- Benzinga does not provide investment advice.
- According to Brian Forde, the director of Digital Currency at the MIT Media Lab, governments need to fully understand the impact of blockchain-based applications and understand how the technology might be used to increase trust.
- Clinton: There Is Something Wrong With Our Country Sponsored Bloomberg Video
- Bitcoin is considered to be the first technology to use the blockchain, as every transaction is recorded and made public.
Read the full article, click here.
@JorgeNdeG: “Governments need to fully understand the impact of #blockchain-based applications @Benzinga vía @YahooFinance”
From Yahoo Finance: Analysts at Goldman Sachs define “blockchain” as a type of environment that acts like a “a shared digital ledger of transactions recorded and verified across a network of participants in …
What Is Blockchain, And Why Should You Care?