- Last week, at the bitcoin conference Consensus, 21 CEO Balaji Srinivasan, a partner at Andreessen Horowitz, moved the company’s purview forward again.
- Srinivasan frames bitcoin as the next major “system resource” in computing, something that will be a key component in every computer, just like a hard drive, RAM, and bandwidth.
- Bitcoin, he says, can be the resource that computers trade with other computers (without you having to worry about it), creating a “machine economy.”
- Once a computer can send a small amount of money as part of its operating system, “it can effectively rent or sell resources to other computers,” Srinivasan says.
- “One way of thinking about it is, the 21 software makes bitcoin a part of your operating system,” Srinivasan says.
An ambitious plan to remove the friction from all Internet commerce.
Continue reading “Here’s why 21 is the most exciting bitcoin company right now”