- David Baddiel investigates Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin is often in the news, but David has always been confused about what, exactly, it is.
- And with the help of two experts in the field David sets out to find out.
- He starts by speaking to Nathaniel Popper, whose best-selling book Digital Gold tells the history of how Bitcoin was invented.
David Baddiel tries to make sense of Bitcoin. What is it, and how does it work?
Continue reading “BBC Radio 4”
- Image copyright
The popularity of Bitcoin kicked off a rush to mint novel e-currencies
Cyber-thieves are believed to have stolen about $500,000 (ÂŁ390,000) in the Ethereum crypto-currency, with an investment scam.The thieves hijacked the website of finance security start-up Enigma and posted messages saying it was about to launch its own currency.Many people keen to cash in transferred ethereum to the thieves’ account.
- In response, Enigma shut down its website and adopted stronger security policies to keep hackers out.In a statement posted to its Twitter account, Enigma said the thieves had carried out the scam after taking over the company’s web domain, mailing lists and Slack messaging service account.By posting a message on the Enigma website and sending notices out via Slack and email, the malicious hackers convinced many people the security company was seeking early investors.
- The attackers played on the fact that early next month Enigma plans to run a crypto-cash-based fundraising exercise to bankroll its expansion.The criminal hackers asked for investments to be paid in ethereum and are believed to have amassed about $500,000 worth before the scam was spotted and shut down.Enigma said none of its infrastructure had been used for the scam and none of its funds had been stolen by the attackers.It said it had now regained control of its compromised accounts.
- “We’ve moved up a number of critical security steps and taken additional measures to protect the community going forward,” Tor Bair, a spokesman for Enigma, told Wired.
- “Enigma added it was helping to investigate the scam and who was behind it with the help of other crypto-cash and security companies.
The con netted thieves about $500,000 of the Ethereum virtual currency.
Continue reading “Crypto-cash investors duped in funding scam”
- Ariana Grande made an emotional return to the stage at her One Love Manchester benefit concert today in the wake of the terrorist attack that struck her concert last month — extolling the “love” that filled the arena and recognizing a teen who was killed in the bombing.
- The singer, wearing a white sweatshirt with the words “One Love Manchester” written on the front, jeans and her signature pony tail, said she changed the tone of her concert after meeting with the mother of one of the victims, 15-year-old Olivia Campbell.
- BBCAriana Grande performs at One Love Manchester tribute concert in Manchester, England, June 4, 2017.
- Scooter Braun, Grande’s manager, introduced the singer by first thanking Manchester, the U.K. city’s first responders, and the “world class artists who journeyed here on such short notice” to perform at the One Love Manchester benefit concert.
- All proceeds from the show will go to the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund, which was founded by the Manchester City Council in conjunction with the British Red Cross, to aid the victims of the attack and their families.
The singer is raising money for Manchester bombing victims and their families.
Continue reading “Ariana Grande recognizes teen who died in Manchester attack in emotional return to stage: ‘Olivia wouldn’t want me to cry’”
CoinQX.com, a wholly-owned subsidiary of First Bitcoin Capital Corp. com, which is currently trading on OTC Markets under symbol BITCF, is the first publically-traded digital currency exchange offering a safe and secure platform for the seamless conversion and trading of Bitcoin and more than 100 other crypto-currencies.
Continue reading “Bitcoin Exchange » Your Source For Secure Bitcoin Exchange”
- Hundreds of animals are being inspected after cross-border raids on farms.
- The PSNI and gardaí were investigating livestock theft and carried out searches in counties Armagh and Monaghan.
- Around 35 cows and 15 sheep were found at the farm in south Armagh, while 250 sheep were discovered on a nearby farm across the border.
- He also spoke of the importance of working with police south of the border to combat rural crime.
- While recovering stolen livestock was the goal, the PSNI did not find any clear evidence of animal theft.
Hundreds of animals are being inspected by police after cross-border raids on farms.
Continue reading “Cross-border farm raids carried out”
- Proudly powered by WordPress | Education Hub by WEN Themes
- Notice: What is Bitcoin?
- Bitcoin News
- Trending News
- Recent Posts
BitcoinsBlock.Com is a online education and awareness system for bitcoin new and old user with upcoming updates news, information, help and support. You can get all top and best information regarding Bitcoin and Blockchain Technology.
Continue reading “BitcoinsBlock – A WorldWide Payment System”
- The stakes have never been higher for technology in banking.
- Customer behaviour and the digital revolution are dictating what banking institutions need to de…
- The Global CIO Banking Daily
- by Connect Media
The stakes have never been higher for technology in banking. Customer behaviour and the digital revolution are dictating what banking institutions need to de… by Connect Media
Continue reading “The Global CIO Banking Daily”
- terms privacy ad choices
- Full page Kraken ad in this week’s Economist magazine
- Uploaded 4h
- Love Imgur?
- Join our team!
A .jpg image . Full page Kraken ad in this week’s Economist magazine
Continue reading “Full page Kraken ad in this week’s Economist magazine”
- Bringing you News, Views, Video’s and More from around the globe.
- Australian Independent News
- Thanks for reading the Australian Independent news.
- by AussieActivist
Thanks for reading the Australian Independent news. Bringing you News, Views, Video’s and More from around the globe. by AussieActivist
Continue reading “Australian Independent News”
- Tips for helping children with anxiety
- The NSPCC’s Childline counselled 11,706 young people for anxiety in 2015-16 – a 35% rise from the 8,642 in 2014-15.
- “Often we fail to notice the impact these stories are having on young people.”
- “The good news is that so many children are able to express their anxiety to Childline, knowing that we will take them seriously, so that we are able to reassure them.”
- The number of young people in the UK seeking help for anxiety has increased sharply, a children’s charity has said.
The number of young people in the UK seeking help for anxiety has increased by 35% in just a year, the NSPCC says.
Continue reading “Number of young seeking help for anxiety rises”