- From the column ‘The VICE Guide to Right Now’
- almost any drug can be made at small scale for a low price.
- As part of a high school science project, 11 students at Sydney Grammar were tasked with trying to recreate Daraprim, the drug that Shkreli’s company Turing owns the exclusive rights to in the US.
- After purchasing the drug in 2015, Turing jacked the price from $18 a pill to $750, sparking public outrage.
- Watch: VICE Meets Martin Shkreli
A group of 16- and 17-year-old boys was able to recreate Daraprim for just $2 a pill.
Continue reading “A Bunch of High Schoolers Recreated Martin Shkreli’s Overpriced HIV Drug for $15”
- $500,000 in Bitcoin Just Bought Someone a Villa in Bali
- A brand-new villa on the southern coast of Bali has just changed hands – for somewhere above 800 bitcoins.
- The news, first reported by virtual currency news site CoinDesk , comes from the CEO of BitPremier , a marketplace for luxury goods that can only be paid for in bitcoin.
- In what appears to be the largest real-world-money purchase in bitcoin’s history, an anonymous buyer has picked up a new house for the cryptocurrency equivalent of about $500,000.
Read the full article, click here.
@BitPremier: “@blockchain You left out this one :)”
A brand-new villa on the southern coast of Bali has just changed hands for around 800 bitcoins — about $500,000.
$500,000 in Bitcoin Just Bought Someone a Villa in Bali