- Silicon Valley widens its lead over Washington, DC as the wealthiest place in America
- Incomes in the valley jumped a whopping 5.7% to nearly $102,000 in 2015, making it the area with the highest median income in the country.
- But since economy returned to growth in 2009, Silicon Valley surged.
- In the never-ending battle for riches, influence and cultural domination, Silicon Valley now has the upper hand over Washington, DC.
- And the numbers showed that incomes rose 2.3% in Washington, DC and its affluent environs.
The two metros have consistently been atop rankings of the most affluent urban areas in recent years, but Silicon Valley has taken the upper hand
Continue reading “Silicon Valley widens its lead over Washington, DC as the wealthiest place in America”
- The rate will continue to be halved 62 more times until all 21 million bitcoins have been uncovered.
- The software that underpins bitcoin dictates that there can ever only be 21 million units of the cryptocurrency.
- According to the software that underpins bitcoin, only 21 million bitcoins can ever exist, and they are slowly being discovered over time by “bitcoin miners” – computers set up to solve complex mathematical equations and uncover the next block in the currency’s software or “blockchain.”
- When a miner uncovers a new block, the miner is rewarded with a certain number of bitcoins.
- Bitcoin price surges as flow of new coins set to drop by half June 14, 1:41 PM ET
Read the full article, click here.
@CBCBusiness: “Bitcoin price surges as flow of new coins set to drop by half”
The value of a bitcoin has risen to its highest level since 2014 as the software code that underpins the cryptocurrency is set to cut the amount of new coins being created by half.
Bitcoin price hits 2-year high above $700 US