- Earlier this summer, Burger King Russia hinted that it might soon allow customers to pay for their ВОППЕР and БИГ КИНГ value meals with Bitcoin.
- One Burger King location in Moscow reportedly allowed one customer to use Bitcoin to pay his bill, but rumors of a country-wide or (even Moscow-wide) rollout don’t seem to have gone beyond the internet speculation phase.
- Although details of the Whoppercoin are sparse, Russian media outlets and cryptocurrency sites have reported that Burger King has produced one billion Whoppercoin so far, and additional coinage could be added in the future.
- To collect Whoppercoin, frequent Burger King customers will scan their receipts with the Burger King app, and the still kind-of-imaginary currency will be deposited in their equally imaginary wallets.
- MUNCHIES has reached out to Burger King Russia for comment and additional details about Whoppercoin and will update this story when it receives a response.
Sure, you’ve got some Ethereum, but can you use it to buy Whoppers? Better get some Whoppercoin.
Continue reading “Burger King Is Allegedly Launching Its Own Cryptocurrency”