- Why Consider Hadoop For Your Next Software Development Project?
- To Hadoop or Not to Hadoop, that is the question?To Hadoop or Not to Hadoop, that is the question?
- Hadoop is often called a framework your business needs to solve nearly all your problems.
- In the following post, you will come across various reasons to consider Hadoop for your next software development project.
Blockchain technology is revolutionising financial systems. Could it do the same for archaeological data?
Continue reading “Archaeology and blockchain: a social science data revolution?”
- Tens of thousands of Turkish citizens detained or dismissed from their jobs on the basis of downloading an encrypted messaging app have had their human rights breached, a legal opinion published in London has found.
- “The evidence that the [ByLock] app was used exclusively by those who were members or supporters of the Gülen movement [is] utterly unconvincing and unsupported by any evidence,” the two barristers say.
- In a separate commissioned report, Thomas Moore, a British computer forensics expert, says ByLock was available to download free of charge on Apple’s App Store and Google Play.
- Moore draws attention to a report by MIT, the Turkish intelligence service that had gained access to ByLock communications.
- Amnesty said of his detention: “The only claim presented by the authorities purportedly linking Taner Kiliç to the Gülen movement is that Bylock, a secure mobile messaging application that the authorities say was used by members of the ‘Fethullahist terrorist organisation’, was discovered to have been on his phone in August 2014.
Legal opinion published in UK argues that the arrest of 75,000 suspects, primarily for downloading ByLock app, is illegal
Continue reading “Turks detained for using encrypted app ‘had human rights breached’”
- Justin Bieber has penned a letter to fans speaking out for the first time about his canceling the remaining dates of his Purpose World Tour.
- The 23-year-old singer broke some fans’ hearts last month when he ended the tour early “due to unforeseen circumstances.”
- In the note he posted on social media Wednesday, Bieber wrote that he is “grateful for the tours but most of all I am grateful i get to go through this life WITH YOU!”
- And while the tour was “unbelievable” and taught him a great deal, Bieber said there is a higher purpose.
- As for the typos and such in his note, Bieber wanted fans to know he was aware “THIS MESSAGE IS IS [sic] VERY GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT BUT ITS FROM THE HEART” and, besides, he thinks there is something “SPECIAL ABOUT IMPERFECTIONS.”
Is it too late now to say sorry?
Continue reading “Justin Bieber pens explanation for tour cancellation”
- Monax has joined the Hyperledger Project as a general member and in doing so managed to bring Ethereum technology into the project.
- Trending: IBT Media to host AI and Data Science in Capital Markets event
Joining firms like IBM and Intel, Monax is re-licensing its blockchain client, which includes a built-to-specification Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), to Apache 2.0 and proposing it to Hyperledger Technical Steering Committee (TSC) for incubation.
- Monax is the first company among Hyperledger’s 100+ members able to bring a custom implementation of cutting-edge Ethereum blockchain technology to the project.
- “Although a lot of big names have joined Hyperledger, cutting-edge startups like Monax have a great deal to contribute as well, both in terms of code and new ideas.
- Most popular: LSEG says Deutsche Boerse merger ‘unlikely’ to get clearance from EC
Monax’s smart contracts implementation extends the classic Ricardian Contract triple of legal prose, parameters and computer code, with an approach known as “dual integration”.
Monax, the enterprise blockchain and smart contracts company, has succeeded where others failed. Monax has joined the Hyperledger Project as a general member and in doing so managed to bring Ethereum technology into the project. A concerted effort last year to bring the Ethereum C++ client within the
Continue reading “Monax brings Ethereum technology to the Hyperledger Project”
- Success in creating AI could be the biggest event in the history of our civilisation.”
- Stephen Hawking: AI will be ‘either best or worst thing’ for humanity
- AI is hugely exciting,” she said, “but it has limitations, which present grave dangers given uncritical use.
- The academic community is not alone in warning about the potential dangers of AI as well as the potential benefits.
- Professor praises creation of Cambridge University institute to study future of artificial intelligence
Professor praises creation of Cambridge University institute to study future of artificial intelligence
Continue reading “Stephen Hawking: AI will be ‘either best or worst thing’ for humanity”
- False claims abound on the internet and are snaring many children into believing them
- The confusion about the truth usually begins to disappear as children grow up and see that there are not only observable facts, but also collectively observable knowledge that is difficult to verify but must be taken on trust.
- Adults, like children, tend towards the irrational, and the internet has become an immense tool for facilitating that tendency.
- I was having a discussion with one of my children – I won’t say which one, but let’s just say she is very much a part of the virtual generation – those who get most of their entertainment and information from the internet.
- Children are remarkably gullible but absolutely impervious to reality
False claims abound on the internet and are snaring many children into believing them
Continue reading “How do I tell my daughter that her online ‘truth’ is a conspiracy theory?”