- Instead I will make a few observations about how an investor might think about the impact of ICOs / token launches on the venture capital industry, in particular, and some of the downstream ramifications that need to wrestled with.
- The ICO generates excitement and valuable incentives to contribute to the ecosystem which accelerates its growth and, as the ecosystem grows, the company has a cash flow formula that allows value to accrue to the equity holders of the corporation not just the tokens.
- If a portfolio company can raise money in an ICO and retain tokens that then rise in value, it dramatically reduces the company’s incentive to seek an exit.
- If the management team and employees receive tokens as part of their compensation plan and those tokens are highly liquid — as they should be after an ICO thanks to the meteoric rise of exchanges and crypto hedge funds — then the value of their compensation may be more through token value than equity value.
- Are investors and management as aligned as they are in a company that does not raise money in an ICO or do token sales create more opportunities for misalignment—which gets back to the issue of governance.
Goldman Sachs and CB Insights recently reported that startups have raised over $1 billion in Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) this summer — more than the to…
Continue reading “The Summer of ICOs”
- The sweep of the measure was significantly narrower than a February draft that several religious groups are pushing….
Trump signs order aimed at allowing churches to engage in more political activity
What is in the Republican health-care bill?
- Congress will vote on a bill that could affect who can get what kinds of health insurance and what they will pay for care….
Congress will vote on a bill that could affect who can get what kinds of health insurance and what they will pay for care….
The price of Ether is skyrocketing.
Investors who bought Ether at the start of the year are seeing 900% ROI. Since my previous blogpost, Ethereum …
Continue reading “Rise of Ethereum: A New Blockchain Juggernaut”
- The CNY exchange will be based in China and provide no margins or futures, but the USD exchange will be based offshore and will provide margins and futures as permitted by relevant regulations, according to Sara Ouyang, Chief Operating Officer at ViaBTC.
- Financing from Bitmain or any other company in the future will help us grow even bigger.
- The bitcoin exchanges market appears competitive, but the industry is sorely lacking margins or futures in a regulated exchange.
- Then there is OKCoin’s offshore exchange which continues to provide 3x margins as well as 20x futures, but, again, they are unregulated.
- Until then, new exchanges that provide margins or futures at a significant level can only improve the overall trading situation.
One of the biggest bitcoin mining pools, ViaBTC, is to open a CNY/BTC exchange in around two months with a USD/BTC exchange to follow. The CNY exchan
Continue reading “ViaBTC to Open Bitcoin Exchange After Raising $200,000 in Funding Led by Bitmain ⋆ Epeak . Independent news and blogs”
- Flint has been navigating its way through a devastating water crisis for the past two years.
- Flint mayor diverted water-crisis money to political PAC, suit says
- The lawsuit claims city employee Maxine Murray was directed by Weaver to begin directing donations to “Karenabout Flint.”
- “My client was brought in to help the City of Flint.
- Karen Weaver was elected mayor of Flint, Michigan in 2015.
The mayor of Flint, Michigan, reacted to a federal lawsuit which claims donors were directed away from a charity for victims of the city’s water crisis and toward a fund sharing a name with her campaign fund Wednesday, calling the allegations “outrageously false.”
Continue reading “Flint mayor diverted water-crisis money to political PAC, suit says”
- Duncan Weldon, head of research at Resolution Group, suggests Mark Carney has played the game rather well….
- Adam Marshall, Director General of the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC), is pleased that Mark Carney has decided his future.
- Sorrell: Carney may be hurt by unjustified criticism
- Tyrie: Carney has a lot of explaining to do….
- Andrew Tyrie, the influential chair of parliament’s Treasury Committee, is determined to find out why Mark Carney is only going to serve a six year term.
Bank of England governor will stay on for an extra 12 months to provide stability after Britain triggers Article 50
Continue reading “Mark Carney to stay at Bank of England until 2019, sparking relief and disappointment – as it happened”
- “Where everybody’s really excited to see soft robots come in is right at the human-robot interface,” Mr Truby told BBC News.
- our first embodiment of an entirely soft robot, it needed to have the form of an octopus.”
- It’s made in a way that other people can look at and say, we could use these technologies ourselves – we can make ones that have better fuel systems, or have better control systems, or a more sophisticated body.
- The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites
- Image copyright R Truby/M Wehner/L Sanders/Harvard University Image caption The octobot: More of a tribute than a replica
Read the full article, click here.
@HektorTuring: “Pneumatic octopus is a first for soft robotics – BBC News”
Engineers in the US have built the first self-contained, entirely soft robot – in the shape of a 7cm octopus.
Pneumatic octopus is first soft, solo robot
- Donald Trump greets Mitt Romney during a news conference in Las Vegas in 2012.
- Donald Trump has had a wild week – and it’s only Wednesday
- Trump conflict overshadows attacks on Clinton foreign policy
- Trump issued the call while predicting that Romney would win the popular vote but lose the electoral.
- Facing sinking poll numbers and campaign morale, Trump has questioned the integrity of the nation’s election system in recent days.
Read the full article, click here.
@bitcoinagile: “Millions stolen from #bitcoin exchange”
The global bitcoin community is rattled after hackers seized 120,000 units of Bitcoin from Bitfinex, the world’s largest US-dollar exchange for the digital currency. Ryan Brooks reports.
Millions stolen from Bitcoin exchange [Video]
- You were unexpectedly ambivalent about finding a good job – or any job.
- I’ve asked, and sometimes pleaded, for years with you to get a job, any job
- I want you to get a job so I don’t wake up in the middle of the night worrying that my career is the only one between us and financial ruin.
- A letter to … my wife, who won’t get a job while I work myself to death
- I often dream of leaving my firm for a less demanding position, with you making up any financial deficit with a job – even a modest one – of your own.
Read the full article, click here.
The letter you always wanted to write
A letter to … my wife, who won’t get a job while I work myself to death