- The Khans, before their convention appearance, had spent no time in the public eye.
- “There was really no benefit for Trump in suggesting that Ghazala Khan had been muzzled, because she could easily come out and say that she had been too grief-stricken to speak, which she did.”
- In Tribute to Son, Khizr Khan Offered Citizenship Lesson at Convention JULY 29, 2016
- Donald J. Trump belittled the parents of a slain Muslim soldier who had strongly denounced Mr. Trump during the Democratic National Convention, saying that the soldier’s father had delivered the entire speech because his mother was not “allowed” to speak.
- Politics | Donald Trump Criticizes Muslim Family of Slain U.S. Soldier, Drawing Ire
Read the full article, click here.
@StephensWSJ: “Trump’s smear of Ghazala Khan is despicable. And if you don’t agree, you’re despicable.”
In an ABC interview, Mr. Trump implied that Ghazala Khan’s silence while her husband spoke about their soldier son’s death at the Democratic convention may have been because of her Muslim faith.
Donald Trump Criticizes Muslim Family of Slain U.S. Soldier, Drawing Ire