- Bitcoin has held strong support and has its sights set on a test of the $3,000 level, according to Goldman Sachs.
- The $1,856 to $1,790 area “has the potential to act as strong support,” Jafari wrote.
- Jafari’s latest note comes two weeks after she predicted the cryptocurrency was setting up for a big drop.
- Bitcoin has gained more than 20% from its July 17 low, and currently trades near $2,285.
- As to how far bitcoin can go from here, Jafari expects another run at record highs.
Bitcoin has held strong support and has its sights set on a test of the $3,000 level, according…
Continue reading “GOLDMAN SACHS: Bitcoin is going to test $3,000 and could get as high as $3,700”
- Bitcoin and ether — both tech-based alternative currencies — essentially crashed over the weekend before rebounding sharply on Monday, racking up the kind of gains in one day that normally take six months or a year in the stock market.
- After a brief moratorium on withdrawals, three of the China’s popular bitcoin exchanges in early June, just before the crypto markets’ peak.
- The global bitcoin market is also facing uncertainty over at the end of the month that would affect the transaction ledger, or blockchain, attached to each coin.
- Both, however, are trading well below their June highs; ether is down almost 30 percent, and bitcoin, almost 60 percent.
- Despite the recent downward trend, the price of bitcoin has still nearly tripled over the last 12 months, while ether is up more than 10 times its price a year ago.
Two of the most popular cryptocurrencies have a bit of a hangover after a wild weekend they’re only now starting to recover from.
Continue reading “The bitcoin bump has turned into a beating – VICE News”
- The cryptocurrency rallied 9% to an all-time high above $1,652 a coin on Thursday morning, but has given up virtually all of those gains over the past hour.
- Bitcoin now trades up 1.5% at $1,537.41 a coin.
- Bitcoin’s volatility comes as traders continue to wait on the US Securities and Exchange Comission’s ruling on whether or not it will reverse its decision to the reject the Winklevoss ETF.
- Back in March, the SEC rejected the plans for two bitcoin ETFs, saying it “is disapproving this proposed rule change because it does not find the proposal to be consistent with Section 6(b)(5) of the Exchange Act, which requires, among other things, that the rules of a national securities exchange be designed to prevent fraudulent and manipulative acts and practices and to protect investors and the public interest.”
- Bitcoin has overcome China restricting trade, the SEC’s rejecting of two bitcoin ETFs, and threats from developers of creating a “hard fork” that would split the cryptocurrency in two to post a 61% gain so far in 2017.
The wild swings in bitcoin continue. The cryptocurrency rallied 9% to an all-time high above…
Continue reading “Bitcoin plummets below $1,500”
- Bitcoin is rallying for an 8th straight day
- The gains ran bitcoin above the $1,000 level for the first time since November 2013.
- The current winning streak has tacked on nearly 15% and has bitcoin taking a run at the January high near $1,161.
- Bitcoin is on track for an eighth straight day of gains as it trades higher by 1.4% at $1,026 per coin as of 7:28 a.m. ET.
- What the Trump Era Means for Financial Markets Sponsored WSJ Live
Bitcoin is on track for an eighth straight day of gains as it trades higher by 1.4% at…
Continue reading “Bitcoin is rallying for an 8th straight day”
- Lord Adair Turner: No Case for Major Deregulation in U.S. Sponsored Bloomberg Video
- If the rate hikes happen, an even weaker yuan is most likely in the cards, creating an even more beneficial scenario for bitcoin.
- On its first trading day of the new year, bitcoin crossed above the $1,000 mark for the first time since 2013.
- Just 53,000 bitcoins were bought in US dollars.”
- Suntory not considering listing U.S. unit Beam Sponsored Reuters
Bitcoin is going bananas. The cryptocurrency was 10.1% higher at $1,127.48 per coin just after…
Continue reading “Bitcoin is going bananas”