- Peter Schiff is a famous gold proponent and investor, and more recently he has become known for his hatred of bitcoin.
- That is why it may seem odd that Schiff’s Euro Pacific Precious Metals has announced that it is pairing with bitcoin payment processor BitPay in order to allow investors to buy gold and silver through Euro Pacific by using the digital currency.
- In a November 2013 appearance on CNBC’s “Futures Now,” Schiff, chairman of Euro Pacific, declared that bitcoin was in a bubble that resembles “modern-day tulip mania.”
- On Wednesday, BitPay announced that it was partnering with Euro Pacific in an arrangement that will allow customers to spend bitcoin in exchange for precious metals.
- I still think that there is a bubble in bitcoin, and I don’t think that we’ve seen the lows yet,” Schiff said on Thursday’s Futures Now.
Peter Schiff has said bitcoin is “a bubble” and won’t become “a source of commerce for the world.” So why is he now accepting the digital currency?
Continue reading “Bitcoin hater Schiff now selling gold for bitcoins”