- Evernote recipes will sync to your NYT Cooking Recipe Box
- Join for free access to over 17,000 New York Times-tested recipes.
- Add the onions, sprinkle with salt and cook slowly for about 10 minutes, until tender but not browned.
- Sprinkle on the flour and cook slowly for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally; do not brown.
- Cover and cook slowly for 10 minutes, so the tomatoes will render more of their juice.
Read the full article, click here.
@Million_Bitcoin: “Julia Child’s Provençale tomato sauce: good technique and fresh flavors …”
This is an under-the-radar basic from Julia Child’s “Mastering the Art of French Cooking,” featured in a New York Times article about readers’ favorite Child recipes It is a tomato sauce with onions, garlic and basil, raised high with a perfumed whiff of orange peel and coriander seed Make it when the farmers’ market is overflowing with good tomatoes, freeze it in plastic bags, and use it until there is no more
Julia Child’s Provençale Tomato Sauce Recipe