- During Citigroup’s earnings call Thursday, Chief Financial Officer John Gerspach said, “We think the area of cryptocurrency and digital currency is an area worthy of exploration.”
- Gerspach said Citi’s labs in Tel Aviv and Dublin are looking at digital currencies, cryptocurrencies and blockchain.
- Another digital currency, ethereum, traded mildly higher near $307.
- Many digital currency enthusiasts see ethereum as the foundation for the next generation of the internet.
- The bank then became a founding member of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance in February, and partnered with the developers of privacy-focused digital currency Zcash in May.
After the CEO of JPMorgan Chase caused a stir by calling bitcoin a ‘fraud’ last month, he says he’s not commenting any further.
Continue reading “Jamie Dimon says he’s not going to talk about bitcoin anymore”