- Blockchain technology will “absolutely” have a function in Landsec’s business, the CEO of the U.K.’s largest property firm told CNBC on Tuesday.
- When asked if blockchain technology would be used in this part of the business, Chief Executive Robert Noel replied in the affirmative.
- “Absolutely… If you look at the way what we provide, which is services to business, and those services are around contract, anything that speeds up archaic land law, and contract law, and leasing law, etcetera, will be welcomed,” Noel told CNBC in a TV interview.
- Blockchain is the underlying technology behind the cryptocurrency bitcoin.
- Blockchain is also called distributed ledger technology and refers to a method of decentralizing processes.
Blockchain or distributed ledger technology could play a role in the contract process for Landsec.
Continue reading “Property firm behind one of London’s most iconic sites says blockchain will ‘absolutely’ have a role”