- Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) struggle for gains as retail leads the way.
- Stocks ending the day in the red include fast casual chain Zoe’s Kitchen after revenue and same store sales missed expectations, homebuilding company Beazer Homes on a downgrade to market underperform at JPMorgan, and GameStop.
- Shares of the the video game retailer sinking despite a beat on earnings and revenue, as net income decreased from a year-ago.
- Meanwhile, stocks powering higher include Deckers Outdoor as the footwear company posted a big EPS beat and strong forward guidance, enterprise technology company Nutanix as earnings and revenue came in ahead of Street estimates, and Ulta Beauty.
- Shares of the beauty retailer higher on strong earnings with same-store sales rising 14.3%.
Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) struggle for gains as retail leads the way. Can the bulls sustain the momentum into the long weekend? Catch The Final Round at 4 p.m. with Jen Rogers and Yahoo Finance reporters Myles Udland, Jared Blikre and Dan Roberts. Winners and losers
Continue reading “Stocks mixed as investors gear up for long weekend [Video]”