- As Ricketts’ letter made clear, the Queen doesn’t actually have a say on who is invited on a state visit to Britain.
- UK PM: Not afraid to speak frankly to Trump 00:59
- May has the ultimate sign-off and only she can alter or withdraw the invitation.
- Theresa May in trouble over Trump’s UK state visit invite
- We don’t know how Trump would react to a downgraded invitation but he’s unlikely to welcome it and at worst it could be taken as an insult and cause a diplomatic rift.
The anti-Trump protests outside Downing Street were lively and vocal. The chants ranged from the expletive-ridden to the direct: “No State Visit!” was a popular one.
Continue reading “Trump storm lands Theresa May in trouble over state visit invite”