- Ransomware infects a computer and encrypts all the data on its storage drives while spreading to any other vulnerable computer connected to it.
- Every computer was left displaying a black screen with a ransom note written across it stating: “You Hacked, ALL Data Encrypted.
- San Francisco Municipal Transport Agency attacked by hackers who locked up computers and data with 100 bitcoin demand
- In 2013 the Cryptolocker ransomware infected an estimated 234,000 computers , including at least 50,000 in the UK, and required a global police operation to neutralise it.
- Once the data is encrypted the user is locked out of the computer and a ransom note is displayed promising to decrypt and release the data in exchange for money.
San Francisco Municipal Transport Agency attacked by hackers who locked up computers and data with 100 bitcoin demand
Continue reading “Passengers get free ride after San Francisco Muni hit by ransomeware attack”