- IBM’s stock took a major hit when billionaire investor Warren Buffett said he sold about a third of his IBM shares, but CEO Ginni Rometty seemed unfazed when asked about his move.
- “And the trick to being a company in tech, which is a viciously competitive environment, that’s absolutely right, is you’ve got to keep reinventing.
- And what IBM is for is for someone who values high value as a company.”
- At the time of his sale, the Berkshire Hathaway chairman and CEO cited “pretty tough competition” and a changing playing field.
- “I don’t value IBM the same way that I did 6 years ago when I started buying … I’ve revalued it somewhat downward,” Buffett told CNBC.
Jim Cramer sat down with IBM CEO Ginni Rometty to ask her about billionaire shareholder Warren Buffett selling a third of his stake.
Continue reading “IBM CEO Ginni Rometty responds to Warren Buffett selling IBM shares”
- CHICAGO, May 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — DNotes has announced that its upcoming DNotes 2.0 upgrade will include innovative features and applications relating to smart contracts, blockchain technologies, mobile applications, and global payments systems.
- The new blockchain system will be accompanied by positive changes in the company’s CRISP program, and will reward stakeholders monthly with an annual target of approximately 2% on balances held in qualified accounts for 30 days or more to encourage long-term investment and savings.
- Yong describes the decision as the direct result of his belief that mass acceptance of digital currency can only be attained by focusing on businesses and other consumers.
- Those building blocks include CryptoMoms — a currency neutral site dedicated to encouraging female participation; DNotesVault — a free secure storage for DNotes’ stakeholders with 100% of its deposits guaranteed with verifiable funds; DCEBrief — a news and information media outlet that delivers news on the latest developments in the world of digital currency; and CRISPs — a family of Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plans for people around the globe.
- According to Yong, the company’s commitment to develop on C# will allow it to be the most innovative, responsive, and efficient in serving increasing demand from businesses and consumers alike.
CHICAGO, May 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — DNotes has announced that its upcoming DNotes 2.0 upgrade will include innovative features and applications relating to smart contracts, blockchain technologies, mobile applications, and global payments systems. The upgrade is expected to launch later in 2017, and
Continue reading “DNotes Prepares to Introduce DNotes 2.0 Upgrade, Launches New Bitcointalk Forum”
- The Aragon Network (AN) will be the first DAO whose goal is to act as a digital jurisdiction that makes it extremely easy and friendly for organizations, entrepreneurs and investors to operate.
- Aragon organizations will be able to be seamlessly upgraded and solve human disputes using a decentralized court system.
- The Aragon Network has its own token, ANT, which will be used to govern every single aspect of its functioning.
Continue reading “Unstoppable organizations Create value without borders or intermediaries”
- Clearly, customer-centric culture requires changing the operating system of the company and includes modifying the habitual behaviour of employees, and how they think about the company and it’s customers.
- So, what are eight key pillars for building a customer-centric culture —
Everyone, right from the CEO to the front-line staff to the janitor to the back-office staff, should know what comprises customer service.
- Whatever values are chosen to embed to build an enterprise known for customer-centricity, it’s important that it inspires the employees and they demonstrate clear bias for action to do what is right for the customers and the company.
- What’s critical here is that all employees in the company should get rewarded on customer performance irrespective of whether they are doing a customer facing job or doing work in back-office.
- Establish standards but let employees innovate
A company keen on building a customer-centric culture needs to embed standards for organizational activities that face the customer as well as those that don’t.
Customers are the reason why businesses exist. Many businesses want to be customer-centric and spend time, money and other resources to make it happen. But they don’t get the desired results. One reas…
Continue reading “Use These Eight Guiding Principles To Build A Customer-Centric Company”
- Arena Music has announced that it will begin offering royalty payouts for music streamed through the Arena platform in Bitcoin worldwide starting in June.
- The company is an on-demand merchandising storefront that leverages a free streaming service to help artists monetize their content in an industry where consumers no longer buy music to own.
- Arena Music founder and CEO Damon Evans adds, “Phoenix is seeing the impact of Arena Music payouts in Bitcoin.
- We’re watching our local music scene build the foundation for an entirely new way of releasing single tracks and full albums that pay each writer, producer and featured artist their shares of the $0.01 per stream Arena offers in Bitcoin.
- Founded in Phoenix, Arena Music is an on-demand merchandise storefront that leverages a patent-pending streaming service to encourage musicians to promote merchandise sales while listeners stream exclusive content from established artists and well qualified independent acts without advertisements or a monthly subscription.
Arena Music has announced that it will begin offering royalty payouts for music streamed through the Arena platform in Bitcoin worldwide starting in June. The company has been testing the digital currency in Phoenix and Atlanta over the last 6 months.
Continue reading “Arena Music, the First Artist Friendly Streaming Platform, Now Pays Royalties in Bitcoin”
- Earlier this year Google’s British AI division DeepMind announced the launch of a blockchain like ledger for managing healthcare data.
- The tokens, known as PTY, will be traded via a secure, closed loop ledger system that aims to connect up all parties in the healthcare ecosystem to allow for the exchange of health data within a highly-secure, blockchain powered health information exchange (HIE).
- The company believe that their use of blockchain will encourage providers to offer better care to patients, whilst also adopting innovative practices that join up care more effectively through the sharing of patient data.
- Using blockchain technology, Patientory encrypts medical patient information in hospitals and insurance companies so that it is not centralized data, but it is distributed, thus meeting HIPPA Security Rules.
- We are certainly in the midst of a digital health revolution however, and whilst I’m not sure that blockchain will play an inevitable role in providing secure and patient centered data, it will it seems inevitably play its part in our move in that direction.
Earlier this year Google’s British AI division DeepMind announced the launch of a blockchain like ledger for managing healthcare data. The aim is t…
Continue reading “The Move Towards Healthcare Blockchains”
- Before the creation of the Blockchain, food chain supply was opaque, complex, non-verifiable and with a hard-testing sustainability.
- It is called Food Blockchain, a new tool that aims at providing “a reliable and comprehensive overview of all aspects of quality, safety and tracing of food from farm to fork, and to seamlessly manage commercial relationships between different actors of the supply chain.”
- To do so, Food Blockchain decided to use the so-called Food Supply Chain 2.0, which combines sensor systems, Blockchain and smart contracts.
- From an economic point of view, Food Blockchain can be useful both for consumers and producers because the first can benefit from a higher transparency and better knowledge about food, and the second can increase their prices for their verifiably better quality products.
- For example, Food Blockchain can allow a company producing yogurt to create a risk-free agreement with suppliers of milk.
According to recent studies, the world’s biological food market is worth $54.9 bln and the sector is continually growing. This comes as more and more peopl
Continue reading “Ethereum-Based Food Blockchain Issues Demo, Starts Testing Phase ⋆ Epeak . Independent news and blogs”