- The $2.3 trillion investor announced on Wednesday a partnership between its Fidelity Labs, the firm’s innovation center, and Coinbase, the cryptocurrency exchange serving nearly 9 million customers.
- As part of the partnership, Coinbase users will be able to view their bitcoin, ethereum, and litecoin holdings alongside their other accounts in their Fidelity Portfolio.
- “We are trying to create the best customer experience,” Hadley Stern, managing director at Fidelity Labs, told Business Insider.
- Donations made in bitcoin to Fidelity Charitable, a $16 billion donor-advised philanthropic fund, grew to about $9 million in the first half of 2017.
- Fidelity’s CEO Abigail Johnson is a bitcoin enthusiast.
Fidelity is testing out a new service to help make life easier for its clients who invest in…
Continue reading “Fidelity, the $2.3 trillion investment giant, is testing out a new cryptocurrency service”
- Two foreign nationals detained at Istanbul airport over nightclub attack – NTV
- The companies are paying closest attention to Trump’s tweets
- A plane carrying 35 diplomats expelled from the United States over Russia’s alleged meddling in the US presidential election arrived in Moscow early Monday, Russian state television reported.
- Jake Raak, 35, told NBC News that he survived the shooting in the Istanbul nightclub “Reina” by playing dead, even after he was shot by the suspect, who remains at large.
- New Year’s Day Fire Destroys Home
Digital currency bitcoin jumped above $1,000 (£815) for the first time in three years on Sunday, trading as high as $1,029 ($1,038) on Tuesday, according to CoinDesk data. This chart shows just how much the currency has increased over the past year (from November 9, 2015 to December 23, 2016). Business Insider’s Jonathan Garber reports on what’s behind the move, attributing it to the continued rush of money out of China.
Continue reading “This chart shows just how much the price of bitcoin has soared over the past year”