- Bitcoin skeptic Mark Cuban is looking to take part in one of the hottest trends in the digital currency world right now: the initial coin offering.
- One of the companies Cuban is invested in, Unikrn, is planning its own offering, and digital currency news site CoinDesk said Thursday that the billionaire entrepreneur intends to participate.
- An initial coin offering is a fundraising process for blockchain-based projects that allows investors to own part of a project through a digital network token.
- Cuban tweeted earlier this month that he thought bitcoin was in a “bubble” yet he acknowledged then that there is value in the blockchain technology behind the digital currency.
- High demand for initial coin offerings last week clogged the network of ethereum, while prices for ethereum briefly fell from above $300 to 10 cents on one exchange, showing how undeveloped the young digital currency world is.
“Shark Tank” investor Mark Cuban is looking to take part in one of the hottest trends in the digital currency world right now: the initial coin offering.
Continue reading “Mark Cuban, who just called bitcoin a bubble, says he plans to invest in another digital coin”