- The suddenly popular cryptocurrency has risen over 4000 percent in value over the last year.
- It’s now the second most popular cryptocurrency after bitcoin, and is worth billions of dollars.
- Invented in 2013 by 19-year-old Canadian programmer Vitalik Buterin, ethereum is more powerful than bitcoin, thanks to what are known as “smart contracts.”
- Smart contracts are what investors are really excited about, and have contributed to ethereum’s sharp rise in value.
- Check out our beginner’s guide to the cryptocurrency.
Watch a short explainer on the cryptocurrency’s steady rise.
Continue reading “Why the Value of Ethereum Has Skyrocketed 4000 Percent”